Tips and Tricks for Using the Silicone Makeup Sponge
So you finally have your Silicone Makeup Sponge and can’t wait to try it out. We couldn’t wait either, but quickly realized there is definitely a right and wrong way to use one.
So to make your first use a success, we created a list of Tips and Tricks to make sure you love it as much as we do! After reading this you’ll be ready to throw your old beauty sponges out the window for good!
It’s NOT A TYPICAL BEAUTY SPONGE!!! So don’t use it like one!!
Important Things to Remember
You will NOT succeed if you use the Silicone Makeup Sponge like beauty sponge and you’ll waste a TON of product in the process. Here’s why… beauty sponges are, well... sponges, and soak up the almost all of your makeup product before it makes it to your face. The Silicone Makeup Sponge may be called a “sponge”, but it couldn’t be more different. Thanks to its non-porous surface, ZERO product gets absorbed so 100% of what you put on it will make it on to your skin. This is a HUGE benefit in comparison to the typical beauty blender. Using the Silicone Makeup Blender will save a TON of product and a TON of MONEY!
Less is MORE
This couldn’t be more true when using a Silicone Makeup Sponge. Since NONE of your product is absorbed, there will be a lot more go around. So start with a VERY SMALL drop of product on your Silicone Makeup Sponge and only add more once it has been completely applied to your face. You will be amazed at how far a small drop will go with the Silicone Makeup Sponge.
One of the main complaints from some product reviews of this product is that they felt there was too much makeup sitting on their faces. This is the result of applying too much product onto the Silicone Makeup Sponge. We can’t stress this enough: DO NOT use this product like a beauty sponge. You will end up with WAY too much product on your face.
Super Fast Cleaning = Goodbye To Germs and Bacteria!
Cleaning these little beauties couldn’t be easier or faster! One quick rinse with makeup remover or hand soap and they’re sparkling clean again! And thanks to their no-porous surface they can’t keep makeup and liquid trapped inside so germs and bacteria are whisked away never to see the surface of your skin! It takes about 30 seconds to clean the Silicone Makeup Sponge, and it dries almost immediately with a quick wipe with a paper towel! No more waiting hours for your beauty spongebto dry!
How To Apply Makeup with the Silicone Makeup Sponge
- Add a VERY SMALL drop of product onto the Silicone Makeup Sponge, or your skin.
If we didn’t stress it enough above – LESS IS MORE! Do NOT use the same amount of product as you would with a beauty sponge.
- Starting with small circles on your skin, working your product outwards until it has been distributed evenly.
- If more product is needed, add a second very small drop and repeat the above step.
- For hard to reach areas like around the nose and eyes, we found the best technique is to bend the Silicone Makeup Sponge in half or around your finger and use the folded edge to blend makeup into these areas.
- Next, gently dab any areas that need further blending to smooth out any lines or excess product. Dab outward toward the edges or your face until all product has been blended.
* We know that there are many different ways to apply makeup products, and everyone has their favorite. The above steps are how we apply makeup with the Silicone Makeup Sponge with the most success. Please feel free to use whichever method you feel works the best.
- Keep out of direct sunlight
- Keep out of reach of children
- Change to a new one once there is any damage to the outer layer
- For external use only
- Do not ingest